Monday, October 25, 2010

One YEAR waiting for Taiwanese Willow

Today marks the one year point of waiting on the list for Cathwel in Taiwan.  I talked to our agency awhile back, and unfortunately there haven't been ANY healthy baby girl referrals since we've been on the list.  And, unfortunately, we are probably at least number 30 in line.  These factors add up to me rather doubting that our Taiwan adoption will ever happen.  I'm very grateful we were able to make it on to the Japan list (where, as I mentioned a few days ago, we've moved from #4 to #3 in less than 6 months--BIG difference).  We've been waiting well over 2 years at this point since we started our adoption journey, and it is getting harder and harder to wait.  It will be well worth it in the end, though!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! I know that wait. You are right that there have been no referrals of healthy baby girls, or even girls under four with minor needs that I know of since we got on the list. That is why we are now pursuing a little girl from China! The change is stressful, but will be worth it.
    I am so excited about your wait for Japan and moving up the list quickly! Will you be adopting from both if possible??
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete