Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was my first real Mother's Day, and it was wonderful.  We went to mom's house for breakfast (tasty scrambled eggs, potatoes, and coffee cake), opened some presents (I got a beautiful pot of flowers and some adorable squirrels what you put on a tree--from mom and Chi) and then all the moms and kids (my mom, Kachina and me plus Theo, Ellie and Fox) went to Worlds of Fun!  It was a cool day, but we were comfortable with jackets and it kept the crowds away.  There were virtually no lines anywhere!  We got to ride a lot of rides (even Fox rode the train, the carousel, and a little flying bus ride), had good foods (sandwiches and funnel cake), and just generally had a nice time.  I got to ride the Prowler for the first time--it is an awesome wooden roller coaster!  Fox was a pretty good boy the whole day.  Then we came home, and Fox gave me his presents (including a card he colored on--his first work of art!).  Chris carried Fox over to me, and Fox was holding out this big orange flower towards me with such a huge smile on his face--it was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen in my life.  In addition to the (artificial) flower, Fox also gave me a necklace he picked out.  It's really neat!  And it makes neat jangly noises, which I suspect is why Fox liked it :)  It is a few strands of chains of varying lengths with interesting little charm-things hanging off:  an old-timey key, a skull, a little seated Buddha, etc. 
Now I'm super tired though, so we are just having a nice calm evening here at home :)  A great and memorable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment