Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fox's first playgroup

I started researching our local Parents as Teachers organization recently, and decided that it would be a good thing to enroll Fox in.  They have weekly playgroups for toddlers his age, and so this morning I took a couple hours off work and Chris and I took Fox to one.  It was awesome!  A big room full of cool toys and stuff to play on/with.  Fox was nervous and shy at first, but he warmed up by the end of the hour.  He saw a little boy crawl through a tunnel and looked interested, but was too afraid at first.  When we were getting ready to leave, though, he out of the blue decided to give it a try--and then did so again and again :)  So I think it is a good confidence builder for him.  Chris will probably try to take him on a regular basis, and I'll join whenever I can.  Here are some pictures from the day:  Fox playing with puzzles, hanging out with other toddlers (and another mom--this is a kids AND parents playgroup) in the play kitchen, and crawling through the tunnel :)



No comments:

Post a Comment