I heard about a recent movie called "Adopted" on a local Yahoo adoption group I belong to. It is a movie that follows the story of an adultl Korean adoptee, and a couple currently on their journey to adopt a baby girl from China. We got it on Netflix and watched it last night. It was very moving--Jennifer (the Korean adoptee) had a good childhood, but her parents were totally unprepared for a transracial adoption when they adopted her back in the 70's, so she is dealing with a lot of identity issues as an adult. And it was very interesting to see how different international adoption is today--how differently adoptive parents feel towards birthparents, for example. I don't really feel I can say this was a positive adoption story or a negative adoption story, but it was definitely realistic (since it was, afterall, a documentary). I highly recommend it to anyone considering a transracial adoption (domestically or internationally).
Here is a link to the movie's website, including a trailer of the movie itself: http://www.adoptedthemovie.com/
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thanks for the tip, I will check it out!
ReplyDelete